Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for empowerment of adolescent girls (RGSEAG) - SABLA:
With the objective to improve the nutritional and health status of adolescent girls in the age group of 11-18 years and empower them by providing education in life-skills, health and nutrition, the Government of India introduced the Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls - SABLA in November, 2010. The Scheme also aims at equipping girls with information on family welfare, health and hygiene, existing public services, etc., and to draw out-of-school girls into the formal or non-formal education systems.
The focus of the Scheme is primarily on out-of-school girls. An integrated package of services ? comprising nutrition and non-nutrition components ? are provided to adolescent girls, the ‘Nutrition Component’ targeting out-of-school girls between 11 and 14 and all girls in the 14-18 age-group.
The Scheme is being implemented in 12 districts ? Patna, Buxar, Gaya, Aurangabad, Sitamarhi, West Champaran, Saharsa, Kishanganj, Katihar, Banka, Vaishali and Munger. A total of 176 child development projects are operating currently (Year 2011) covering a total of 30, 858 anganwadi centres. The District wise implementation status of the Scheme has been provided in Annexure-1.
Benefits and Eligibility
The Scheme covers adolescent girls in the age group of 11 to 18 years under the ICDS projects in 12 Distrcts of Bihar.
The following services are being provided under the Scheme:
- Nutrition provision (600 calories, 18-20 grams of protein and micro-nutrients for 300 days);
- IFA supplementation;
- Health check-up and referral services;
- Education in nutrition and health;
- Counselling and guidance on family welfare, adolescent reproductive and sexual health, childcare practices and home management;
- Education in life-skills and on accessing public services; and
- Vocational training for girls aged 16 and above under National Skill Development Programme
How to Access
The services under this Scheme are available at the anganwadi centre.
||Service Entitlement / Service Standards
|Improve Nutrition and Health status and, Promote awareness & upgrade their vocational skills
The scheme (SABLA) is running in twelve districts Patna, Buxar, Gaya, Aurangabad, Vaishali, Sitamarhi, West Champaran, Saharsa, Banka, Munger, Katihar &Kishanganj.
|Adolescent girls age group of 11-18 Y
- Nutrition Provision-Each out of school Adolescent girl in the age group of 11-15Y attending AWCs & all girls in the age group of 15-18 y will be provided SN in the form of THR containing 600 Kcal.,18-20 gm Protein @ of Rs.5 per beneficiaries for 300 days in a year
- IFA Supplementation-100 tablets of IFA will be provide at kishori Shakti Day to each beneficiary through supervised consumption.
- Health Check up and Referral Services-once in 3 months on a special day.
- Nutrition and Health Education-NHE will be given jointly by the Health and ICDS functionaries/NGO on Kishori Shakti Day every month .This will include food habits, personal hygiene, use of safe drinking water and sanitation , balance diet etc.
- Counselling /Guidance on family welfare, ARSH, child care practices and home management –Age appropriate knowledge will be provided at the AWC by the resource person from NGO like reproductive cycle, HIV/AIDS, contraception, menstrual hygiene etc.
- Life Skill education and accessing public service- To develop personal competence trainings will provide for confidence building, self awareness, decision making, critical thinking , communication skill ,existing public services etc.
- Vocational training for girls aged 16 and above under NSDP- Vocational training for orientation towards self employment after 18 years of age .
|Adolescent girls in the age group of 11-18 under ICDS projects
||DPO, CDPO, Supervisor