MukhyantriNari Shakti Yojana
For the empowerment purpose of society in Bihar MukhyamantriNari Shakti Yojana (MNSY) is in implementation since 2008 through mobilization of women force in state. Under the guidance of Department of Social Welfare, Government of Bihar WDC is making coordination effort at all 38 districts of state with the support of Civil Society Organization; Community based Cooperatives, Non Government Organizations and District Administration. These schemes mainly address the empowerment need of women on the field of Economic, Social and Cultural.
- 34260 Self Help Groups have been formed and nurtured in 27 Districts under which 4.30 lakh women of poor family are being benefitted. Total 165 Blocks, 1520 Panchayats and 5905 villages have been covered under this Program.
- Total Rs 389.67 lakh has been deposited by the SHG members through small savings
- Initial Capitalization Fund has been designed for direct approaches towards financial and technical resources. Till date 5017 SHGs linked with 60 federations get Rs.575.29 lakhs. SHGs are using this corpus for food security, livelihood and skill development, improved equipments, opportunity for better jobs and awareness to social services relating to health and education.
- Capacity Building on the aspect of service sector is in progress at all 9 commissionary Headquarters and Nalanda&Vaishali districts. Professional agencies having expertise on Computer, Beautician, House Keeping and Sales Management hired and assigned to conduct training programme for total 2246 women & adolescent girls of poor family.
- 2597 farmers on System of Rice intensification [SRI] & 72 farmers were benefitted through True potato seed technique for which services were provided by the federation, out of which the Federations have earned revenue of Rs. 14729. Under dairy intervention, benefit of artificial insemination process has been extended to 534 beneficiaries and 354 SHG members have been registered under Community based retail enterprises[CBRE]
- With the revival of Handloom/Handicraft trade in the Biharsharif block of Nalanda District, local weaver’s community has been motivated for sustainable livelihood. The “BawanButti” art of handicraft has been revived.
- Women of Phulwarisharif in Patna district are successfully running the Sanitary Napkin production units under the brand name “Bharti”.
- Mahadalit women of Maner block in Patna District have started a Spice unit as a business enterprise. In its initial stage this enterprise tapped the local market & made its identity.
- For the purpose of mobilize the Primitive community ‘Tharu’ in the mainstream of development process, 300 SHGs are in process of formation and nurture in East Cmaparan district.
- With the collaboration of Pathfinder International, an intensive capacity building programme has been initiated at 6 blocks of Jehanabad, Gaya and Nalanda. More than 353 Community Resource Person have been capacitated and trained as Reproductive Health Cadre and facilitating community especially SHGs member on RCH.
- To institutionalize a state support system for the women suffering of violence and socio-psycho distress effort has been made to establish Women Helpline (WHL) and Short Stay Homes (SSH) has established in each district headquarters under the leadership of District Administration. Presently 34 WHL out of 38 are functional and rest is in process of making functional. Up to June 2011, 11016 cases have been registered at WHL, out them 8375 have disposed off and 2641 cases are under process of counseling.
- Intensive training and capacity building plan is going on to develop the capacity of Protection Officers-cum-Project Managers of Helpline and the Service Providers under the act.
- In same pattern 29 Short Stay Homes are get functional out of 38 proposed and rest in process of establishment. In June 2011, total 174 inmates came at these SSH. Out them 73 get rehabilitated and 101 inmates are currently living at SSH.
- Aiming towards providing safe hostel accommodation to working women living out of their homes. The Working Women Hostel scheme envisages provision of safe and affordable accommodation to working women (single working women, women working at places away from their home-towns, working but husband out of town, widows, divorcees, separated women etc.) and women being trained for employment and girl students studying in post school professional courses. The process of opening these hostels are under process in Bhagalpur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna and Darbhanga Presently.
- Through the 35 empanelled social & cultural agencies 4958 Folk Media shows in 38 districts covering all 38 districts 94 blocks have been done and at least 33 lacs people have also covered under the Social Awareness Programme. The programme at community on Female Foeticide, Child Marriage, Dowry, Witchcraft, Domestic Violence and Legal Literacy.Inte
- Recently a massive campaign has been initiated through the Folk Media at all 538 Blocks of state with objective of Mass sensitization on Protecting Women against Domestic Violence Act 2005.
- Radio Jingle on the issues of Female Feticide, Child Marriage, Dowry, Witchcraft, Domestic Violence and Legal Literacy have broadcasted.
- The Crèchescheme aims to provide day care services to children (0-5) of working parents. The facilities provided to children under the scheme include sleeping and day care facilities, supplementary nutrition, immunisation, medicine and recreation. Currently 26 Crèches are functional at 11 districts of state and 260 children getting benefits.
- To create more awareness on Govt. schemes classified advertisement have been mounted at public places.
- Tele films are being developed featuring women achievers.
- Social Rehabilitation Committee has been constituted under the chair of District Magistrate in each district of state and Rs. 95, 10,000.00 have been allotted for the victim support under ITPA 1956 and PWDVA 2005.
- For the purpose of providing shelter homes for women in difficult circumstances, a Protection Home is under process of implementation at state capital. This will include Trafficked women/girls rescued or runaway from brothels or other places or women/girl victims of sexual crimes, who are disowned by family or who do not want to go back to respective family for various reasons.
- Collaboration with JagranPahel for exhibition cum gender fair at 15 colleges in five districts of Bihar under ‘SapnoKoChaliChoone’ Program’ which is aimed at environment building and sensitization on gender issue among adolescent girls and boys of state colleges.
- Concept note on “Revival of traditional Art of Bihar” has been prepared and survey has been done. Three gender based art have been identified to scale up.
- Decentralized International women day has been organized at 17 districts headquarters with the support of District Administration to highlight the state’s effort towards empowering women in Bihar.